Monday, June 1, 2009

Imran Nazir ends ties with ICL, meets PCB chief


KARACHI ( 2009-06-01 21:58:04 ) :Pakistani players continue their exodus from the Indian Cricket League and the latest to have ended his ties with the rebel venture is opener Imran Nazir, who met PCB chairman Ejaz Butt to inform him of his decision on Monday.Nazir also met Pakistan Cricket Board's Director of Human Resources Wasim Bari."I have resigned from the ICL and informed them I can't play for them any longer. I am more keen on resuming my Pakistan career," Nazir said.The flamboyant opener had hit the headlines last week when he invited a Rs 10,000 fine and a three-match ban for showing dissent at an umpiring decision in the final of the National Twenty20 championship.The International Cricket Council and the PCB set a May 31 deadline for the ICL players to end their ties with the league for becoming eligible for national selection again.Nazir said he had not been told if he would have to face any fines or a cooling period before he can play for Pakistan again."I don't know anything about this but they have accepted my resignation and hopefully I will be in contention for the tour of Sri Lanka next month," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment